Why carry an IDP while driving in Eritrea?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Eritrea highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Eritrea
Eritrea is one of a kind. From archaeologist to architects, scuba diving to hiking, scholars to historian, Eritrea has them all. The best thing about this country is its people. It is guaranteed to make friends. Complete your experience by driving your own car! Check these traffic reminders to make your stay even better.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belts is a must for everyone.
- Child restraint is required.
- Drink responsibly. The maximum blood alcohol level is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban places and 100 km/h in rural areas.
- Due to road conditions, avoid driving at night.
- Locals are friendly and kind. Do not be afraid to ask for directions.
Driving in Eritrea during Winter:
Eritrea is an African country so there is no winter here. Avoid travelling during the rainy season from December to February. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from