Why carry an IDP while driving in Fiji?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Fiji highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Fiji
For driving in Fiji licenses from English-speaking countries are recognized. Foreign drivers from other countries need to have International driving permits. Be captivated by the beauty of Fiji. This country is one of the best places to visit for an unforgettable vacation. Drive around with your car to experience the full beauty of Fiji. Here are some useful tips you can use for your trip.
Important Reminders For driving in Fiji:
- Driving is on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- The maximum speed limit in residential areas is 50km/h (30 mph) and outside the residential areas – 80 km/h (50 mph).
- Pedestrians have right of way at any marked crosswalks so drivers must stop and give them way.
- It is not permitted to drive while talking on a mobile phone.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is forbidden.
- The legal blood alcohol level for general population is 0.08% and for young and novice drivers is 0.0%.
- Motorcyclists must wear helmets.
Additional information for Driving in Fiji:
In Fiji, most roads are narrow and poorly maintained. There are speed bumps on roads near most villages. Drivers should be very careful as animals are common on the roads, especially at night. It is recommended to avoid driving at night.
It is very dangerous to drive when it rains because tropical rain is a hazard for driving, so drivers should wait out the rain. To rent a car, a driver must be at least 21 years old and have held a driver license for two years. There are no toll roads in Fiji.
Driving in Fiji during winter:
Fiji is a tropical country located in South Pacific so there is no winter. Avoid travelling from June to October as it will surely ruin your trip. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from