Why carry an IDP while driving in Jersey?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Jersey highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Jersey
For driving in Jersey, foreign visitors need a valid driver license issued by the country of their residence and an International driving license. It is permitted to drive with the International driving license for up to three months.
The largest Channel Island in the English Channel. Jersey is waiting to be explored. Visit the famed Elizabeth Castle while you are there. Make your trip much more memorable by driving your own car. Here are a few reminders before heading out.
Important Reminders For Driving In Jersey:
- Traffic moves on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drive sober. Jersey has the same alcohol level limit as the UK so do not drink and drive.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 30 km in rural roads and 60 km/h on the rest of the island.
- Do not park on slipways and near beaches.
Driving in Jersey During Winter:
Travellers claim that driving in Jersey in winter is the best time to visit particularly November. As long as you follow the traffic laws, you are good to go. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels for added precaution.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from