Why carry an IDP while driving in Kyrgyzstan ?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Kyrgyzstan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Kyrgyzstan
For driving in Kyrgyzstan, a foreign visitor needs to have an International driving permit. Visit Lake Issyk-Kul. The Pearl of Central Asia is located in Kyrgyzstan. The best way to explore this country is through your own car. Be sure to read these reminders before heading out.
Important Reminders For Driving in Kyrgyzstan:
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Child restraint is a must
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- You are prohibited to drink and drive. The legal alcohol limit is 0 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas and 60 km/h in rural roads.
- Avoid driving at night due to poor road visibility.
- Be sure to have an early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and 2 wheel blocks in your car at all times.
Additional Information for Driving in Kyrgyzstan:
In Kyrgyzstan, there are many traffic police in the road. A policeman can stop any car and check the driver’s documents. While driving, each driver must have his original driver license, International driving permit, passport, and the car registration document. If a driver is not an owner of the vehicle, he needs an official document from the owner giving him permission to drive the car.
In Bishkek, «sleeping policemen» (bumps) are located at schools. Most of the Kyrgyz Republic’s roads are two-lane roads. Night driving should be avoided, as roads are inadequately lit.
Driving in Kyrgyzstan during winter:
Driving in Kyrgyzstan during winter may be the best time. Be sure to have winter tires in all your wheels at all times. Keep your emergency kits handy. Prepare before going on your trip and you should be good!
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from