Why carry an IDP while driving in Liechtenstein?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Liechtenstein highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Liechtenstein
Be captivated by Medieval castles and alpine landscapes that will surely give you peace. Explore this great country through your own car. Prepare for your trip by checking some of the road traffic rules of Liechtenstein.
- In Liechtenstein traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum age for car hire is 21 years.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Children under 12 years and less than 150 cm must be ridden in special children holding systems.
Children under 7 years of age can’t sit in the front seat.
- While riding, motorcyclists must wear protective helmets.
- The speed limit in residential areas is 30 km/h, built areas 50 km/h, outside the built areas 80 km/h, on dual carriageways 100 km/h, and on motorways 120 km/h.
- A warning triangle must be present in every vehicle.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory and the legal drink driving limit is 0.05%.
- Drivers must use dipped headlights when driving through tunnels even if they are shined.
- When driving, it is not permit to use a mobile phone without hands free system.
- Drivers using spectacles or contact lenses must have spare spectacles in the vehicle.
- It is not permitted to let the car idle to aid clearing the windscreen.
Driving in Liechtenstein in the Winter
Driving in Liechtenstein in winter can be challenging. Snow chains are required from December to March. Keep your emergency kit at all times. As long as you’re prepared, you’re good to go.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from