Why carry an IDP while driving in Montserrat?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Montserrat highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Montserrat
The Pear shaped island. Known for its spiral staircase. Discover Montserrat and explore the different sightseeing mountains. Driving in major cities can be difficult, it is advisable to drive your own car. Before hopping the car check this few reminders.
- Vehicles are operated on the left-hand side of the road. Overtaking is on the right side of the road.
- A motor vehicle all wheels of which are not fitted with pneumatic tires may not be used on any road.
- The age for driving motorcycles is 16 years or over, motor cars other than motorcycles – 18 years or more.
- Any driver must stop his car on being if required by a police officer in uniform.
- It is not lawful for more than one person in addition to the driver to be carried on a motorcycle.
- It is illegal to throws any object from a vehicle on the road.
- The permitted blood alcohol level is 0.08%.
- The speed limit on any road within Plymouth town is for buses, trucks, and tractors with or without trailer – 24 km/h (15 mph), for other vehicles – 32 km/h (20 mph). The speed limit on other Montserrat roads is for buses and trucks – 40 km/h (25 km/h), for tractors with or without trailers – 32 km/h (20 mph), for other vehicles – 64 km/h (40 mph).
- It is not permitted to drive a vehicle backwards at the junctions of any roads and round corners.
- In the case of goods vehicles, not more than one person may sit by the driver side unless a vehicle has been constructed for accommodating more than one person beside the driver.
- Drivers must not stop his motor vehicle within 30 feet (9 m) from any corner, drive, carriageway, or private road.
- It is not permitted to use horns from 21:00 (9 p.m.) to 5:30 (5.30 a.m.) in any area in Montserrat.
- It is not permitted to drive vehicle which causes a loud noise to the annoyance or disturbance of any person.
Driving in Montserrat in the Winter
The Montserrat is a tropical land so no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded. Avoid travelling from January to May. Any other time of the year, you are good! Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from