Why carry an IDP while driving in Azerbaijan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Azerbaijan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Azerbaijan
Explore one of the hidden treasures of the world. Azerbaijan is known for its capital, Baku. The land of flames has rich history and architecture. Drive your car from one place to another to see this amazing country. Be sure to read a few tips to enjoy your stay. Winter in Azerbaijan is tolerable. You are good to go as long as you have all weather tires in your wheels. Emergency kits in your car will also help in cases of unexpected incidents.
Important Reminders for driving in Azerbaijan:
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- Child-restraint is a must. Be sure to have pregnant women and children sit at the back of the car.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving. Azerbaijan has 0 tolerance for blood alcohol level.
- The speed limit is 20 km/h in urban areas, 60 km in rural roads and 110 km/h on most expressways.
- U-turn is not allowed on pedestrian lanes, railway crossing, bridges and tunnels.
- Driving in the evening is not advisable. Local animals often cause accidents.
Driving in Azerbaijan in the Winter
Winter in Azerbaijan is tolerable. You are good to go as long as you have all weather tires in your wheels. Emergency kits in your car will also help in cases of unexpected incidents. Travel safely!
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from