Why carry an IDP while driving in Bangladesh?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Bangladesh highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Bangladesh
Visit the most fertile land in the world. Bangladesh is waiting to be experienced! Hop on a car and drive from one destination to another so you’ll maximize your experience. Read the traffic rules to prepare for your trip.
- Drive right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The maximum driving age is 65 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- No phones while driving. Hands-free is also not allowed.
- Avoid drinking. Bangladesh has 0 tolerance for drunk driving. You will be jailed for 3 months.
- The speed limit is 25 km/h in urban areas.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in the Winter
There is no snow in Bangladesh so you are good. However, fogs are to be expected. Be sure to have dipped headlights and fogs lights on while driving. Keep your emergency kits handy in case you might need them.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from