Why carry an IDP while driving in Croatia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Croatia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Croatia
Since gaining independence in 1991, Croatia has focused on infrastructure and motorways. Driving the roads of Croatia is generally pleasant and efficient between the largest cities, particularly since the introduction of the national motorway network.
Drivers do not need an international driving permit if their driver’s license uses Latin typefaces. However, to make you confident in your trip, getting an international driving permit in Croatia is advisable.
Important Reminders for driving in Croatia:
- Drive on the right-hand side of the road and overtake on the left.
- Seat belts are mandatory for all occupants of the vehicle.
- Children under 12 cannot sit in the front seat.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 5 must be seated in a suitable child seat.
- Other children must be seated using a suitable child restraint, using a booster seat when necessary.
- Don’t drink and drive, the law has a zero-tolerance policy for drivers under 25 which means that the blood alcohol level (BAC) limit is 0%. The BAC limit for drivers over 25 years old is 0.5%.
- The use of a mobile phone while driving is prohibited unless you have a hands free device.
- Between the end of October and the end of March dipped headlights should be used during daylight hours.
- Headlights should also be used at night and times when visibility is less than 328 feet.
Driving in Croatia during Winter:
There are two climates in Croatia. Depending on where you are planning to visit you will be affected by the climate along the coastline or the other affecting the interior of the country. You will most likely find snow in the interior of the country, where it can be pretty heavy during the winter season. Just keep your winter tires on and you will be fine.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from