Why carry an IDP while driving in Macao?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Macao highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Macao
Welcome to “Las Vegas of Asia”. Try your luck at their giant casinos. Feel the adrenaline rush by checking the world’s highest bungy jump. Make your taste buds happy by savoring the Macanese cuisine. Discover and be captivated by Macao’s beauty while on the road. Prepare yourself by reading these few tips on traffic laws.
- Traffic moves on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Children under 12 years of age are prohibited to be ridden in the front seats of the vehicle.
- While riding, motorcyclists must wear protective helmets.
- The speed limit in built up areas is from 20km/h (12mph) to 60km/h (37mph); on open roads and highways the speed limit is 80km/h (50mph).
- Parking in intersections and less than 5 meters from the intersection to roadway is not permitted.
- The legal drink driving limit is 0.05%.
- In case of breakage of a vehicle, the warning signals must be on. When driving, the use of a mobile phone is prohibited unless the hands-free function is applied.
- At night, it is not permitted to drive without illumination.
- It is not permitted to push by hand vehicles on the sidewalk or pedestrian track.
- Civil liability insurance for motor vehicle and its trailer are required.
- Parking is prohibited at the bridges, flyovers, and tunnels. When approaching a hospital, school, and pedestrian crossing, drivers are required to reduce their speed
Driving in Macao during Rainy season:
There is no winter/snow here. Just avoid traveling during the rainy season from January to March. Keep your emergency kit at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from