Why carry an IDP while driving in Myanmar?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Myanmar highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Myanmar
This Golden land. Visit Myanmar and discover a lot of top cities and its wonders. Go and hurry to see the Pagoda in Myanmar. Driving your own car is the option. Be sure to check these reminders before heading out.
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Do not Drink and Drive. Myanmar has a very strict drunk driving limit.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in rural roads and 120 km/h on highways.
- Watch out for random checkpoints. Police will require you to blow in a breathalyzer.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
Driving in Myanmar in the Winter
Myanmar has a tropical monsoon climate. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. The best time to visit this country is from October to March. Plan accordingly and you are good to go.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from