Why carry an IDP while driving in Niger?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Niger highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Niger
You may want to think twice before booking a flight to Niger. This country is notorious for high crime rate and violence especially for westerners. If ever you must visit Niger, be sure to drive your own car for added protection and convenience. Here are some tips you can really use before heading out.
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 23 years old.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- You are not allowed to talk and text while driving.
- Drink responsibly as there are no blood alcohol level limit in Niger.
- You may get hijacked or robbed in Niger so pay attention at all times and do not drive away from main roads as there are several landmines.
Driving in Niger During Winter:
Niger is an African country so winter is not a concern. Avoid traveling at Niger unless you really must. Be sure to keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Again, avoid traveling to Niger at all cost. Consider yourself warned.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from