Why carry an IDP while driving in Pakistan?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Pakistan highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Pakistan
For driving in Pakistan, foreign visitors need a valid driver license issued by the country of their residence and an International driving license. The miraculous and breath-taking beauty of Pakistan is waiting for you. Known for it’s longest railway gradient of the world. Explore the world’s largest man made forest in Pakistan. Drive your car to enjoy the amazing places of this country. A few tips to help you and enjoy your trip. Read the traffic rules to prepare for your trip.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited in Pakistan.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas, 80 km in public roads and 120 km/h on highways.
- The third-party insurance is mandatory.
- Changing lanes or turning without giving proper signal is prohibited. It is not permitted to stop on zebra crossing and drivers must yield the right-of-way to pedestrians.
- All vehicles and vehicle drawing trailers must use extreme left lanes unless they are overtaking vehicles moving below the minimum posted speed limits or unavoidable in the interest of safety.
- Any loads carried or towed must be marked at the ends with red flags by day and red lights by nights.
- The rider and passenger on a motorcycle, scooter, and moped must wear an approved safety helmet. It is advisable to wear eye protectors.
- All vehicles under the control of the learner must display L-plates.
- Children under 1.5 meters (about 5 feet) and from 3 to 11 years of age must be transported using an appropriate special child restraint.
- It is illegal to use a hand-held telephone or microphone while driving and it is prohibited to throw lighted cigarettes or refuse on the road.
- The police phone number is 15.
Driving in Pakistan During Winter Season:
Driving in Pakistan during winter can be challenging. Provide your winter tires and make sure to pack all the safety and emergency kit in your car. Make sure that your car is in good condition.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from