Why carry an IDP while driving in Poland?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world – it is understandable to most of the local officials and authorities of the countries you visit.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Poland highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Poland
Driving in Poland is as pleasurable as driving in your home country, as long as you know the regulation. Here is an overview of everything you need to know to drive in Poland with a light heart.
- Traffic moves on the right side of the road.
- In Poland, driving licenses are valid for 15 years.
- While driving, a driver and all passengers in the car must wear seat belts.
- Children under 150cm need a special seat.
- Headlights must be used all year long, also during the day (low beam or daytime running light).
- Strict alcohol laws as the acceptable limit of blood alcohol content is 0.02% (basically 0%, don’t drink and drive).
- Cars must be equipped with a fire extinguisher and a hazard-warning reflective triangle.
- Forbidden to use hand-held mobile phones while driving.
- Always have a driving license and insurance papers with you.
- In urban/built-up areas: 50 km/h from 5 AM to 11 PM and 60km/h from 11 PM to 5 AM, on single carriageways 90 km/h, on dual carriageways or single carriageway expressways 100 km/h on dual carriageway expressways 120 km/h and on motorways 140 km/h.
Driving in Poland in the Winter
It is recommended to carry snow chains when driving in Poland in winter condition, especially in mountainous areas. Remember, however, that the use of snow chains is restricted only to roads with snow and/or ice cover. Most car hire companies in Poland offer snow chains as optional winter equipment.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
“I was renting a car in Italy when i found out i need to get an International Driving License, after a quick online search and 5min application. i was able to get my IDP in 15 Minutes.. I am very pleased with the service I received”
Trusted by thousands of clients from